Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sarah and Anna in the spirit

Writer's note: This post is a little different than the normal content at Systems-Overload. Feel free to skip over this if you're not interested in the topic, but we do hope that you'll continue to read the blog and subscribe.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all the Irish and would-be Irish out there. In 2006 I went with my family (including and aunt) and a friend our ours to Ireland. We were in Dublin on St. Patrick's Day for the parade. An Irish friend of mine has told me that this was the coldest Paddy's Day in about 10 years. I did four different posts in the DC Heron Family blog (1, 2, 3, 4) where I have posted pictures from the trip and described some of the details. It was a great trip and I hope that I can go to another Paddy's Day parade in the future, in addition to seeing more of Ireland. I created 4 different slide shows from our trip which you can find below (you can also find them posted in our channel at YouTube.

Dublin 2006













Have you been to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day? Are you going to celebrate Paddy's Day and if so how? How do you handle assumptions? Feel free to ask any questions about the trip, I'd be more than happy to tell you all about it. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! If you liked this article, please share it on del.icio.us or on Digg and pass it on to anyone that you think might appreciate it .Thank you. :)

On Deck…

I’ll be publishing posts about…

  • The next in my series of weight loss strategies
  • Organizing your thoughts with wikis

blog comments powered by Disqus