Sunday, September 16, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to Systems Overload, a blog about productivity, organization, and improving your life. Please join me in my journey and implementation of Getting Things Done and other productiviy, organization and life improvements. In our crazy modern world it seems that many of us in the work world and in our private world are experiencing "Systems Overload"

I've been working in the IT indurstry for over ten years now for a large well-known global company. Over the years I've worked on various IT projects. I'm not a trained "techie" but have worked with several. On a daily basis many people at my company, there are emails, instant messages, telephone conferences, and project collaboration in many forms. We also see more and more of the globalization where what used to be done in-country is now being handled off-shore ("Best Shore" in our company lingo).

This has all lead me on a quest to be more productive and organized. In looking for a way to deal with all the email that we receive I happened upon GTD (Getting Things Done), a book written by David Allen. This is a must read for everyone. I have started on my implementation of it but am still trying to work out some of the kinks. So this is my journey to implement GTD and other productivity, organization, and other life improvements.
blog comments powered by Disqus