Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Photo Organizing Tip Number 1


When I was a kid, back before digital cameras, we used to have this trunk where most of our pictures were kept. When I got a little older is was fun to go through the trunk and remember the pictures and take a journey down memory lane. The problem with our "system" (if you want to actually call it that) was that it took forever to find whatever picture(s) you might be looking for.




When I started taking pictures of my own, I decided that I would pictures into photo albums immediately, so that I could find pictures that I was looking for easier. I always have photo albums around so that I can put pictures in right away. You don't need to have super fancy albums, just something that you can easily and quickly put your pictures in. You will also want to be able to remove the pictures easily, so if you use a permanent album, it will be harder to reorganize them if you decide to do that later.

What about doing theme albums? You can still reorganize them later if you wish, but at least you have an organization to them and have a better chance of finding what you're looking for then in the "trunk" "big box" or "everywhere" systems. Putting your pictures into albums right away allows you to have a better idea of what pictures you have and you can collect them for your various themed scrapbooks and fancy albums. You'll also be able to put together themed albums a lot quicker now because you can actually find the photos you want.

The "trunk" or "big box" systems are fun for when you want to take a random trip down memory lane, but how often to you have hours to find that one picture? Do you have any special photo organizing tips that you would like to share? Feel free to tell us about them in the comments section.

If you liked this article, please share it on del.icio.us or on Digg and pass it on to anyone that you think might appreciate it .Thank you. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus