Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Global Jammerz


There has been a lot of press about Ping, the new social network built around iTunes, but at the moment I'm having fun with Globalhjammerz. GlobalJammerz is a social network built around Blip.fm.

The site is a ning based social network started by DeAnn. I think it greatly complements Blip.fm, allowing more social aspects that aren't built into Blip. I've often seen various blips (songs played by Blippers) and wanted to know more about the DJs but didn't really feel like clicking on their homepage (if they even have a homepage) to find out more about them. With GlobalJammerz you can see the profiles of various Blippers and find out more about them.

They have some groups set up that you can join. This is nice because you can easliy find other people that like the same kind of music you do. Some of the groups are even doing weekly broadcasts over Blip and you can make requests, chat with the people putting on the show, and so on.

GlobalJammerz allows you to upload pictures and videos, as well as having music players at the various groups that allow you to listen to some songs of the various genres. It also allows you to blog and post in forums.

I'm really happy to see this complementary social network for Blip. Since I'm still a newbie there, I'm sure that I have a lot to learn but am looking forward to it!

Here are som other articles that I wrote about Blip.fm

blog comments powered by Disqus